Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Going Home...

I just recently got our itunes account "authorized" on the laptop and was finally able to listen to some music while, deciding what I was going to blog about tonight, when all of a sudden Chris Daughtry began to sing to me about "Home." (side note: I totally love Daughtry and "Home" is one of my favorite songs!)

Made me think...Home? What is home?

Some say that home is that place where you lay your head...I thought that was a pillow...no seriously...Growing up I was able to sleep anywhere I laid my head. Not that I was always sleeping somewhere different, but rather I was in my bed, at my grandmother's or aunt and uncle's home, I could sleep. So if that is the truth then I had lots of homes!

Some say going home refers to dying...going home to meet the Creator and so forth.

Home is that set of keys on the keyboard your fingers touch in the resting position.

Home is that final bag you cross in order to score in baseball.


Sitting on my bed, laptop in front of me, baby monitor to my side...I can hear the sounds, all the sounds echoing through the house. SecretAgent and DareDevil in the bathtub, doing who knows what. I can hear the water cutting on and off. (Yeah, that's not good!) Izzy is in the exersaucer bouncing up and down, jabbering away at anyone who will listen, and fussing at those who won't listen. Fireman's talking to his "baby girl" and ever so calmly reminding the boys that they need to be on their bottoms in the tub or else...SPLASH...apparently they jumped and landed on thier bottoms, which now means my bathroom floor is covered in water! There goes Buck. He's on the back porch barking at...I have no clue what! All these sounds...they make up my HOME...no matter how annoying or aggrevating they may get...these are the sounds of my HOME...the HOME I love and the place I WANT to go to!

So you see Home is what you make it! So LOVE it and ENJOY it!

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Mama M's! I agree! Home is what/where your family/love is! Great post!

    ReplyDelete