Thursday, February 11, 2010

Could it be...

Ok...so I live in South Georgia! All we get here is rain and gnats! A few weeks ago they told us there would be snow! Crazy weather-man say what!? Guess what...no snow! Not even rain! SecretAgent's school even closed, due to the possibility. Ahem I can see those eyes rolling now, but seriously...this is risky business down here. The majority of the roads are dirt and most folks have no idea what snow looks like much less drive in it. Half our roads have washed away due to the newly formed lakes and rivers, that should they be covered with a nice white layer of snow...the EMS, Fire and Police Departments will have quie a bit of job security!



So anyway...as of this morning there is an 80% chance for snow tomorrow! With it they say will be 1-3 inches of snow...the weather man actually said, "Snowballs will be likely!" Does that mean large balls of snow will fall from the sky or can we make snow balls? This new to most of the folks livin' down here!



My father's family was from Ohio, so I have seen snow, but my kids...this is all new to them! I can almost bet you that DareDevil would run around naked in it, he would be so excited about it!




Schools have already started canceling, I see those eyes rolling agian! SecretAgent's school has not announced any such closure, but most parents are so excited over the idea...that they are planning to lay out of work tomorrow and stay home with their kids and play, ahem be productive. I really hate the idea of SecretAgent missing tomorrow, because they are having their Valentine's party! Although I have a feeling the snow would be a bigger hit!




So when I wake up in the morning will my house loook like this?

2 comments:

  1. First time visiting your blog! I know what you mean about rolling your eyes at the pre-nightfall school closings for the next day. I live in the South too, and when I do that here I get all Ohio-born high and mighty with my coworkers... neighbors... random people at the grocery store stocking up for the snowpacalypse...

    Hope you get some real snow, so the fuss is worth it!

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! We did get some snow...about 2 inches!

    ReplyDelete