Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's Coming...The Big Weigh In!

So weight is a huge issue….has been for awhile. I am sure that 3 babies in 5 years has not been very helpful. My hormones don’t know whether to go up or down. My stress levels were off the charts. My new job has done wonders for that. I have tried multiple things and seem to drop about 5 pounds then BAM I land flat on my face on that plateau that so many find themselves on. With the exception of StuntMan's birth...I dropped 30 pounds!! ! No lie! I had only gained 10. I guess I should add here too that I never gained a lot of weight with any pregnancy. DareDevil added 18 & Izzy 5 (yes only 5!) but all was lost immediately after birth.

The Biggest Loser is one of my favorite shows, but lets face it people, it’s not practical. How many “normal” people can drop what they are doing and focus like that. Not many. If you see most of them after the fact many of them have gained some of their weight back and I think it’s in part once they lose the weight they are thrown back to the daily life and the stress that goes with it. I commend the players on their willingness and their accomplishments. Overall I think the show is great, it just gives some people a false sense of reality.

For me…I live in a small country town that is 25 miles from the nearest gym. We don’t have a red light, much less a gym! (Hmmm, business venture maybe?) I work in this small town. So for me to go to the gym I would have to load up all three kids and drive to town. If I am lucky get there by 5:45. Unload the kids. Drop off in child care. Workout for an hour. Load the kids back up. Drive home, get there by 7:30 if I am lucky. In all of that I would have to feed them dinner and get them ready for bed and into bed! WOW! I could leave them with Fireman, but he would want to go too. We could alternate days, but then we would never spend time together. So the gym is out of the question. I know what you are thinking....if you really wanted it to happen you would make it happen. You are right, but for me it's not a sacrifice I want to make.

However, we just got a Wii and I LOVE IT! Everyone has been telling me about Wii Active Sports or Wii Fit. So I am definitely looking into that. I am sure StuntMan and DareDevil would have a blast with it as well! A good friend of mine has been using her's and has been seeing a difference! Why not? Fun and healthy?! Works for me.

I recently found a doctor in the neighboring town that specializes in weight loss! I have been very anxious to get in and speak with him and just see what he has to say. He has a long list of satisfied clients who didn’t have any surgery what so ever. I would not exactly qualify for surgery anyway. Anywho…the doctor’s office just called me today to tell me that Dr. B is taking new patients on Friday! SIGN ME UP!!! I have been giddy ever since. I am sure I will have a long road ahead of me…but I feel like I am doing something for myself! FINALLY! Not really sure what all this will entail, but it's worth listening to the man right? Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment