Thursday, February 4, 2010

GROCERY PROGRESS!!

Last night was the weekly trip to the grocery store. It’s the day all the stores here put out their new weekly ads and I jump right on them!

I went in expecting to spend about $100 including meats. This budget was a bit higher than normal, but that was because of the extreme amounts of BOGO deals. I use these to stock up our pantry and to plan meals around. I have just recently started clipping coupons again, so my supply of those is still building up. This list would last me almost two weeks.

All in all it was a great trip. The usual conversations took place…“Stuntman, keep your hands on the buggy! DareDevil, we are NOT buying that! Stuntman, why aren’t your hands on the buggy? DareDevil, that is not on my list!” Izzy does great all through the store until we get to the check out line! Naturally! At this point is when she starts screaming and I miss out on watching the total drop drastically once my reward card is scanned.

I had $3.50 worth of coupons & the store I was at did another make-a-meal deal resulting in 2 Red Baron pizzas, a box of Tyson Anytizers, a package of Bryan Cocktail Smokies, a 2-liter of Coke, and a tub of Edy’s ice cream for $11.98

So for the total….

My Original Total : $196.10
Less Savings: $ 80.31
GRAND TOTAL: $113.34


No comments:

Post a Comment