Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It's all about the DRESS

So, yesterday I found the perfect dress for my sweet Izzy. It was an eventful, emotional rollercoaster ride of events.

I met G’ma at Sears. She’s been telling me for DAYS WEEKS that I MUST go see these dresses. Ordinarily I don’t really like shopping at Sears for the kid’s clothes, as our store tends to not have a great selection and the sales are few and in between. Anyway, there we were looking at these dresses. I am not a frilly kinda girl, so I was totally avoiding one whole section of dresses. I just don’t see the point in putting a small child in a dress that has a gazillion layers of itchy fabric, off the soap box now. As I was saying, I was digging through the various dresses when out of the corner of my eye; I saw it, a white lace dress with a pink satin bow! I could hear the angels singing Hallelujah in my head! I drop what I am doing and rush over there, leaving poor G’ma with Izzy and DareDevil. As I frantically search for Izzy’s size I can’t find one. I turn to G’ma, trying to hold back the tears, and tell her this dress would be perfect for the wedding in May! (Our cousin is getting married!) She agrees and says I should get it. I explain there is not a dress in her size and I begin sifting through the massive piles of over fluffed baby dresses, all the while silently praying that the Lord will grant me my wish to find that dress. After a few minutes I give up and turn my attention back to the summer dresses, still upset that I was not granted my wish for sweet Izzy. Then I heard the angels again! There in the middle of brightly colored gingham summer dresses was THE DRESS…in her SIZE!!!! It was almost like the Lord had taken that dress and placed it there for me. I grabbed the dress up and did a happy dance, while other shoppers thought seriously about calling security. It amazes me how the littlest things make us so proud! The next task was getting Fireman’s approval on the matter, as he feels since he is Izzy’s father he MUST approve EVERYTHING she wears! Wonder how long that will last?! But yes, he agreed the dress was PERFECT! Alas, Izzy has a dress to wear to her cousin’s wedding and she will look beautiful!




Now to find the perfect outfits for the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment